Monday, August 18, 2008

Well...

Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive! It has just been a CRAZY few weeks! I keep thinking that I need to get on here and write, but then I don't have time. At this point, it seems like a daunting task to update on everything, but I'll give it my best shot. We'll start with the last week of July...

The Bar Exam: Matt felt good about the Bar Exam. It was a pretty intense 3 days, but he made it through! Now comes the LONG wait...he'll find out the results in November! I think I may have been more stressed out than he was all week. Neither of us could sleep, but while he was testing all day, all I could think about was his test! It could have been my hurried attempts to finish packing up the house and cleaning that had me stressed out. It was a busy week, working all day, (worrying about Matt's test), and going straight to our house after work to pack and clean. Everyday when I got to the house I would tell myself that I would probably finish that day, then as I was leaving that night, I would tell myself that I would probably finish tomorrow. I finally finished around 10:00 or so on Wednesday night. Everything was packed, the house was clean, the bathtub was caulked, and I was ready for...

Leaving on a Jet Plane: After my last day of work (July 31st), I drove up to Birmingham to fly to Dallas and meet Matt. The flight went well, and I was entertained by a tipsy construction worker on his way home. We spent the night with Jared and Emily (Tomberlin) Burns on Thursday night, which was lots of fun! It was good to catch up with them, and see their beautiful new house! Friday we planned to go shopping and camping, but I ended up getting a TERRIBLE muscle spasm in my neck. I was just taking the towel off the towel rack before my shower and all of a sudden I couldn't move my head, or straighten it up. I tried to stretch it out in the shower, but to no avail. I was in tears and pain! So, we headed up to David and Kay's house (emily's parents), where Kay had a heating pad and some medicine waiting. After several hours of heating pad and the oil she had that was supposed to relax the muscle, I still couldn't move my head. I wasn't in as much pain, so we left and headed north of Dallas to meet Matt's great aunt and cousin for dinner. By the time we drove the hour to dinner, I was close to tears again and my neck was right back where it had been. So, I called my parents and told them I needed to skip the camping. They met us in Ardmore with an ice bag and muscle relaxers. After a muscle relaxer, a pain pill, and several hours, I was finally able to relax enough to go to sleep. Lucky for me, my brother is in massage therapy school so he was able to work on my neck over the next few days. The drugs mixed with the massage did wonders, although I still have a little pain in my neck when I move in certain ways...and it's been over 2 weeks! We spent several days in Duncan, just hanging out with the family, and then we headed up to OKC for...

The Wedding: Jen & Misa got married on 08/08/08, but the festivities leading up to the day began on Wednesday. We made it to OKC just in time for Matt to pick up his tux (he was an usher) and head over to Heather's house for dinner. Thursday was a day of decorating, manicures/pedicures, rehearsing, and eating. The rehearsal dinner was very nice, and Jen & Misa had sweet things to say about everyone involved in the wedding. Thursday night the girls had a "slumber party" at Jen's house...at the request of Chloe and Allie. We got started kind of late, but did have time to watch Shrek the 3rd and all pile in the living room for some fun girl time. Here are some pictures from the day...

Well, the pictures wouldn't upload, so I'll stop here for now, and update more later. Love you all!

1 comment:

Melissa Lester said...

You have been so busy lately! I hope your neck is doing better now. How perfect that your brother was able to use his training to help you out!