- We took our first big road trip up to Duncan to stay a couple of weeks. I braved the 7 hour drive with 2 kids on my own because Matt was supposed to have a business trip out of town. It turned out that his trip ended up being cancelled, but his hours at work were extra crazy for a couple of weeks, so it all worked out. He did great on the trip up there! We only had to stop twice so I could feed him & change diapers, which I counted as a great success for a 7 hour trip with 2 kids!
- He has found his hands and has started sucking on them some. His big sister refused a pacifier & preferred her hands, so maybe he's going to follow in her steps (although he still likes the paci occasionally as well)
- He started smiling this month, and let me tell you, that smile melts my heart! He gives the best smiles to anyone who will talk to him & even throws in a little giggle on occasion. Love it! Although he does give some great smiles, he still looks pretty serious. He definitely gets this from his daddy!
- His little hands are still in fists a lot of the time, and the way he holds his arms makes it look like he's always ready for a boxing match. Too cute!
- He still eats about every 3 hours, although occasionally he seems to prefer to have a couple of short "snacks" only about an hour apart. He usually only eats for 10 minutes at a time, which is a much better schedule than Adley had at this age!
- My favorite accomplishment of the month is he slept for a 5 hour stretch! This mama loves her sleep, so for him to be sleeping for that long makes me feel like a new person. Again, he totally has Adley beat on this one. She was at least 6 months old before she started sleeping that long! Since that first 5 hour night, he has been pretty consistently sleeping 5 hours, and even went for 6 hours one night. He sleeps in his pack n' play like a champ!
Family Room Reveal
1 day ago