Our sweet baby boy is growing up too fast! 8 months old & a bundle of joy (except if Mama walks out of the room…then he gets upset). His sister LOVES him, and he loves her right back! One of their favorite things is for Hudson to sit in the bed with Adley when she wakes up from her nap. She scoots over so he has room to lay beside her & they just sit there playing and laughing. SO CUTE!
|Sister insisted on being in a picture with him!|
Here are a few other things about Hudson at 8 months:
- He is very social & loves people! As long as someone is holding him, talking to him, or playing with him he's happy. He's not a big fan of being alone, but as long as he can see someone else he is usually perfectly fine.
- If he's crying or fussing and Adley walks over close to him, he immediately stops & smiles. Her favorite thing to ask him is "Hudson, where's my smiles?" and he gives her a huge smile every time.
- He is FINALLY sleeping through the night (most of the time). He usually goes to bed around 7:30 (though sometimes he is ready for bed at 6 or 6:30). Most nights he will wake up around 4:30-5:30, I feed him quickly, and he goes back to sleep until 7:30-8:30. I'm sure that early morning feeding will stop before long, but as long as he goes back to sleep for 3 hours or so, I don't mind it too much. I think a quick feeding is much better than waking up for the day at 4:30 or 5:30!
- He is starting to really enjoy solid foods. He has tried avocado, cottage cheese, green beans, refried beans, peas, mac & cheese, butternut squash, and some soft bread, in addition to a variety of pureed baby foods. He usually makes a funny face like he hates what he's eating, but then keeps eating it! I am also still breastfeeding, with about 4-5 feedings a day.
- Although he's not crawling yet, he is trying really hard. He manages to scoot & roll himself to get a toy or move all around in his bed. He also gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back & forth, and even occasionally moves one leg, but he hasn't managed to actually crawl.
- He already tries to pull up on things, and loves to stand up while holding on to our hands. Jumping is also a favorite pasttime.
- He loves to babble & jabber. He has definitely discovered his voice & loves to yell or whisper. He says "goy, goy, goy" a lot & Matt is certain that he says "da-da."
|He has a serious side like his Daddy!|