Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Adley's Nursery

Well, I finally got around to taking some pictures of Adley's nursery.  Matt and I had so much fun picking out decorations and putting her room together.  Yes, Matt did help.  In fact, he may have picked out more of the decorations than I did!  He does like to decorate...but don't tell him I told you!  I wanted her nursery to be classy and and fit for a girl, but not over-the-top-pink-and-girly.  So, we found a fabric that I loved & used the colors in that for the rest of the room.  For the walls, we chose a color called "Blind Date" that is a smoky blue color, and added bead board around the room for some added charm.  At first I thought the blue walls were too boyish, but with the pink accents we added, I think it looks great.  Matt found some shelves at Hobby Lobby & we painted them pink to match the fabric, and I made a lamp shade from the same fabric to top a turquoise lamp.  We used the fabric for the curtains, a book sling, a quilt, pillow and bed skirt for the crib.  Since the fabric had butterflies, we found some white 3D butterflies at Target for the walls, and painted them the same color.  I made a monogram "A" for about the crib, out of some styrofoam, fabric, and a wooden letter.  Overall, I think the nursery looks great!













No comments: