Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patty's Day


Well, to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Matt and I headed downtown to the St. Patty's Day parade. It was actually on Saturday, so a few days early, but it was festive nonetheless. Lots of green, lots of people, and lots of unions (I think every union in the state was in the parade!). The parade was 3 hours long, but it was a beautiful day so we enjoyed every minute! Here are some pictures for you to enjoy...

(click to enlarge)

Top row, from left: A dog dyed green, Happy St. Patty's Day!, the Green River, The Oscar Meyer Wienermobile, and a Green Elvis
Middle row, from left: A festive car, A large leprechaun, tiny little leprechaun, a fun floating balloon, and A bagpiper
Bottom row, from left: The pope on roller-skates, A smokestacker, Matt & me, color guard leading the parade, and the best treat ever given out at a parade!

3 comments:

Shelly Pruitt said...

Oh that is so neat!!!! That looks like a lot of fun too! I am glad that you had a "warm" day to spend outside :)

OK Chick said...

WOW looks really fun. I wish OKC had a big parade. I'm sure we do. HA!

OK Chick said...

WOW looks really fun. I wish OKC had a big parade. I'm sure we do. HA!