Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Running...

Well, Matt and I started a new workout routine yesterday. We were inspired by our friends Steven & Kayla last week while they were here. The workout plan is supposed to prepare you for a 10K run in 10 weeks, and we're also adding in a little weightlifting. I don't mind the weights, I actually kind of like that part. But, for those of you who know me well, you know that I don't run. It's mostly my knee's fault...they like to get swollen when I run. Actually, I think I just blame it on the knees. They do get swollen, but the truth is I just HATE running. I wish I was one of those cool people who think running is wonderful and feel great when they run a thousand miles. Like my cousin, Brook. She runs marathons, and I'm jealous that I can't get inspired. The whole time I'm on the treadmill, I just think about how I wish I was anywhere but there! Anyway, I decided that I would suck it up and try this workout plan with Matt. Pray that I don't pass out while trying to run less than a mile at a time this week! Did I mention I'm a HUGE wimp? I am. So...we'll see how it goes.

7 comments:

Leslie A. said...

What's the work out routine? I would love to be able to run a 10K in 10 weeks or however long you said it took!

Stephen and Kayla Frisby said...

Keep it up! Stephen and I are back to running this week after not really sticking with it while in Chicago. So much fun....

Louise said...

Good luck with it!! I hate running too but I can do ok when I'm outside. I cannot run on a treadmill. I'm a whimp too so I'll be praying for you!! :)

T. Brodie said...

It's not that I hate running, I just hate sweating! Well, I really do hate to run. I like walking! can I do that instead?

H said...

Way to go, I am so with you, running is about my least favorite form of exercise! but so one of the best ones for you. kee up the good work!

Ben, Kelly and Sophie said...

Oh Lori Lynn - I'm quite shocked that you're undertaking this but also so proud! Maybe it will turn you into a running-lover after all!! Let's run the half-marathon together in OKC next year, what do you think? Hang in there and ENJOY!!!

Stephen and Kayla Frisby said...

For those of you interested in the workout plan here is the website: http://rununiversity.com/couchtok.html