Monday, March 06, 2006

A New Family Member...

Well, Matt and I had quite a weekend. After months and months of begging and pleading, Matt finally convinced me to get a puppy dog!! For those of you who know me well...you know that I'm not exactly an "animal person." So, getting me to agree to have a dog in my house was quite an accomplishment (you should congratulate Matt!) Our weekly Saturday ritual for the last couple of months has been to go to breakfast, and then to PetSmart to look at the dogs that were up for adoption. Well, this week when we got to PetSmart, there were 2 dogs left...and one was the cutest little puppy you'll ever see!! Here are some pics of her...




























Her name is Lucy and she is lots of fun. Well, I should say that she will be lots of fun when she stops barking at night, and chewing on cords and furniture and everything else! Matt is working hard to get her trained, so hopefully soon she'll be the perfect dog!! She went to the Vet today and she only weighs 3 pounds!! She looks like a stuffed animal (side note...Matt is currently in the kitchen growling at her because she's chewing on the rug!) That was our excitement for the weekend, and it might be a little more than I can handle!!

2 comments:

Tabs said...

You guys are too adorable! And so is the puppy! I am surprised that He talked you into it. Just goes to show that everyone can change. :) Love you and miss you! I'll be better about commenting on your blog now that I've added you to my favorites list (I know how exciting is to get comments). Love and miss you!

Tabs said...

Okay, I just scrolled down your blog and saw that the last time you posted before this one was November. I'll make a deal with you my dear Lori: I'll be better and commenting and keeping in touch if you promise to post more. :) What do ya say?