Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yesterday was...

our 5th anniversary!  I can't believe that it has been 5 years since we got married.  In some ways, it seems like it was just yesterday that we said "I do", but we have definitely been busy!  Here's a quick recap of some of the things that have happened.  An overview in numbers, if you will.

In the last 5 years we have...
Acquired 1 dog
Bought 1 house
Lost 2 grandparents
Been stranded in 2 ice storms
Completed 3 graduate degrees
Lived in 4 states
Owned 5 cars
Moved 6 times
Had 7 roommates
Lived apart for 7 months
Gained 1 niece and 6 cousins
Been part of 7 weddings
Had 12 jobs
Experienced -30 degree wind chills
and spent countless hours in the car on road trips

Wow!  Like I said, it has been a busy 5 years, but it was a great 5 years!  Matt has blessed my life in more ways than I can count over the past 5 years.  He continues to spoil me and surprise me and make me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world!  I thank God for bringing Matt in to my life, and helping us make it through the challenges that we have faced over the last 5 years.  Although many wonderful things have happened, we have also faced the difficulties of law school, job hunting (in a terrible economy), losing loved ones, living many hours away from our families, and living apart (twice) for several months. 

On our anniversary, I can't help but think about our wedding day and all the wonderful people that helped to make that day absolutely perfect.  From our bridesmaids and groomsmen that helped us to relax and have fun, our moms who worked countless hours to make things beautiful, our family friends that also worked countless hours on our rehearsal dinner, reception, decorations, etc., my aunt Robbie who made all of the flower arrangements, to that special bridesmaid & her husband who packed up all the decorations at the chapel (without being asked) so that my parents wouldn't have to do it (thanks Kelly!) and so many others, we were truly blessed.   Everytime that I think about that day, I feel the need to thank all of those people all over again, but a simple "thank you" does not seem to accurately convey how important each of them is in our lives.  Not only did they make our wedding day special, but they have continued to love and support us throughout our marriage.  So to all of you who have loved us, encouraged us, and supported us, thank you!  God has blessed us in so many ways and I can't wait to see where the next 5 years will take us!

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

Oh man, this left me feeling nostalgic. Happy anniversary, friend! I'm so glad I was there to share in the day, and I so wish we were able to share more of our lives at this point in the game. Love you! Hope you two were able to celebrate in style!!

Regina said...

I hope you guys had a wonderful anniversary. Knowing Matt, it was probably great! Love you both!