Thursday, May 28, 2009

We're off to see...

The Wizard! A few weeks ago, Matt surprised me with tickets to see the Wizard of Oz at the historic Chicago Theater! I was so excited! Apparently he bought the tickets last semester when he heard that the show would be playing in Chicago. He knows me well! So, one lovely Saturday afternoon we were off to the theater. It was such a nice day, and the play was wonderful! Matt especially enjoyed the fact that they had a real dog to play Toto! I think I may have been more excited than all the 5 year old girls that were there (although many of them dressed up like Dorothy!) Since the play was only in Chicago for a short time, the set wasn't as elaborate as the set of Wicked, but the show was still great. It was a wonderful afternoon spent somewhere over the rainbow!

4 comments:

Jacob and Amy Hall said...

HOW FUN! hope you guys are doing wonderful. Miss you!!!

OK Chick said...

How fun! I've never seen this play, but it looks/sounds very good.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lori. You don't know me but my name is Lori and my husband's name is Matt. I just typed in Matt and Lori on Google and your blogspot came up. I was a teacher for 6 years and saw that you teach as well. Right now I work for the Missouri Dept. of Education. I just thought I'd say "hi" and tell you how weird it is to have another Matt and Lori.

Anonymous said...

Also, Lori, it's Lori again. WIZARD OF OZ is my favorite. My curio cabinet is full of memorabilia.