Saturday, July 26, 2008

Packing...

Well, I didn't reach my goal of having everything packed up and ready to go by yesterday. It has been non-stop packing since I got up this morning. Well, to be honest I haven't really been that motivated. So it's been more like pack awhile, check my email, pack some more, look at facebook, and so on. Our TV is disconnected, so our only form of entertainment is surfing the internet! Anyway, I have realized that packing up a house takes much longer than packing an apartment, or a dorm room! And, when you're packing things to go to 3 different places I think it takes even longer! I feel like I have been packing for months! I did start several weeks ago, just so I could spread it out a bit. I have now taken 4 loads to the house where I'll be staying, each time saying to myself "that should be my last load, except for a few clothes." Today I took a car full of stuff over there and again I thought it would be my last load...WRONG! Although I knew I would have some hanging clothes and my toiletries still to move, as I sit on the futon (the only piece of furniture left in our living room) and look around, I can already see things that I need to take to Rebecca's house! I have come to the conclusion that we have too much stuff. I'm not even a pack rat, and it seems like our stuff just keeps multiplying! Oh well, I'm sure I'll finish in time to fly to Texas on Thursday!

Matt's stuff is all piled up in the dining room, and besides a few things from the kitchen, he is actually pretty much ready to go. He leaves tomorrow to drive to Texas, relax on Monday, and start the Bar Exam bright and early on Tuesday. Already the nerves have started to kick in. He handles stress really well, and generally I can't even tell if he's stressed, but it's starting to show just a little. I have no doubt that he's going to pass with flying colors, but I can imagine that it's probably one of the most stressful situations he will ever face. He has been in school for 3 years, studying intensely for 8 weeks, and now it all comes down to a 3 day test. I think I might be more stressed than he is! Well, I should get back to packing, and trying to find something for dinner. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

I like the new header. And I'm so sorry that you're having to pack. I feel your pain. I sat in a house full of boxes today and felt totally overwhelmed at needing to unpack it all. You'll get it all done, though - you're Miss Discipline!

Kristi said...

Packing stinks! Just wait, it gets only better the longer you are married! We are going to miss you at church - but I know that the kids are REALLY going to miss Miss Lori. Wish Matt luck on the bar...