Monday, March 31, 2008

Slacker...

So, you might be thinking that I'm a blog slacker (and I've only recently promised to update more often). Well, I'm not a slacker, just forgetful!! I have been trying for several days to log in to my blog, but I couldn't remember what email address or password I used! Finally...I figured it out & I'm back!

Let's see, what has happened since I last updated? Well, we went to Chicago. We had a GREAT trip, with beautiful weather on Thursday. Everyone said it was the nicest day of weather they have had since November! We went to Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel, which gave a beautiful view of the city! (pictures coming soon...). Saturday was the day of the St. Patrick's Day parade. Due to some subway delays, we apparently missed the parade. However, the river was still dyed BRIGHT GREEN, and we got to see all the crazy people dressed up in their crazy green outfits. I joined in on the St. Patrick's day fun & bought an "Irish" hat. (again, pictures coming soon...).

The purpose of the trip was to visit The John Marshall Law School & help Matt decide if that's something he's interested in. While we were there, he was feeling pretty excited about the program. The classes were interesting to him, and he went ahead and enrolled in classes. We visited a place for him to live (a guy from the church there in Chicago lives there) and that also seemed like it was working out. However, when we got home Matt started to waiver on the idea of another year of school. Now he's back to looking at some job possibilities in Dallas. He hasn't totally discounted the idea of school, but I think it's just not his 1st choice. So, I can't say that we're any closer to knowing what is going to happen after Matt takes the Bar Exam, but maybe the trip provided him with a little clarity. Still praying, still waiting for an answer! I'm sure it will come, but I'm impatient sometimes! That's the biggest thing that has happened in the last few weeks. We did go to LTC in Mobile on Easter Weekend. Our congregation actually attends Lads to Leaders in Atlanta, but Matt and I grew up going to LTC. So, the last 3 years we've gone down to Mobile to help out. We sold t-shirts and organized rooms and cleaned things up. It was fun! Well, until next time...have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Kelly T said...

I can't wait for the pics! Funny, I have been wondering the last week or so where you've gone, and I was about to email you and tell you to update your faithful public! We'll be praying for your big life decisions!